Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back on track

sorry for the lag in posts, but I'm back on track with postings hopefully.

As I also use this blog to vent a bit, I want to point out the disgust we should all feel for so called parents that put a price tag on their children. I personally see no difference between mandatory child support and child trafficking, both emotionally abuse and manipulate children for monetary gain.

In my personal situation, my friend's ex refused to settle for over $4k a month plus a car for support but rather fought so hard she bankrupted my friend and got only $570/month and no car! If there weren't 2 kids in the middle whose inheritance just went up in smoke because of a stupid woman, and if it wasn't for the unreal stress her stupidity put my friend under, I find this unbelievably hilarious! Keep fighting over money and the only people that will win are the lawyers. And now she is doing it again.. thinking she can get more out of him when he's already paying more than he should.

Considering she abused her own children for over 2 years and is still trying to manipulate them, and considering she's done things like threatened to make the eldest quit her job in order to get my friend to pay more support, and considering she's screwed up her kids so much they can't even seem to leave home, she does not deserve the title of 'mother' let alone money for continuing her abuse and her Starbucks addiction!

All venting aside. It's exhausting and sad for all involved, especially the kids in the middle. Not all of it is her fault either.. he should be making an effort to make a bridge and forgive and forget and move on, yet he does not want to do that either. Until one of them does, and I doubt it would be her as she's narcissistic and probably bi-polar, not to mention she is surrounded by incompetent human beings.., it rests on him. Until he either stops letting her control him and his emotions, or makes a bigger effort and becomes her partner in parenting the children no matter what an ass she is, this will continue until the kids leave the nest at whatever age is the oldest she can get child support for them for!

Co-parenting is not easy. Do you think it's easy for me to co-parent with someone who knows exactly how to push my buttons and push me over the edge? and maybe for him on his side also... But we argue (away from the kids ears and eyes), and figure it out, and sometimes he pays more or backs off more, or I do. In the end, life goes on, and it probably evens out. Regardless, we both love our kids, and we would never in a million years put a price tag on something as priceless as our children!!

No comments:

Post a Comment